Epson printer users often get an error message while using their printing devices. It states, ‘Epson printer driver is unavailable.’ The message renders you incapable of carrying out any print jobs. The prime cause behind this problem is an incompatible or outdated printer driver. Windows 10 users using Epson printers frequently face this error. It’s essential to troubleshoot this issue if you want to carry on with your printing tasks. But before that, you need to grasp what exactly the error message implies. After that, you can proceed to troubleshoot it. In this article, you’ll learn about the nature of this error and ways to fix it.
What Does It Mean When Printer Driver Is Unavailable?
Epson printer driver is software that facilitates the interaction between your printing device and the operating system. Cases of printer drivers being unavailable are majorly associated with software upgrades. It’s possible that your current printer or its driver is not compatible with the operating system version you have.
Apart from that, the unavailable driver error can also happen if there’s a corrupt file. Sometimes, your driver would not be installed because your security software can mistakenly delete it. Other times, it can be installed incorrectly. As a result, your printer or operating system cannot communicate with it.
Ways to Fix the Driver Unavailable Error
The first thing you must do on facing this error message is to check whether your operating system and printer drivers are updated. Here’s how you can fix this error message.
Reinstall Epson Printer Drivers.
Reinstalling Epson printer drivers and downloading their latest version is a great fix. Here are the points you need to follow to uninstall and reinstall Epson printer drivers.
- Launch the Control Panel‘ on your system.
- Head over to ‘Devices and Printer.’
- Locate the Epson printer in the list that comes up.
- Right-tap on your Epson printer and choose ‘Uninstall.’
- This action will uninstall the old drivers.
- Go to the official support page of Epson printer and choose the operating system of your computer.
- You’ll see the driver’s name. It will have a download button beside it. Tap ‘Download Epson printer driver‘ and install the driver.
- Adhere to the points you see on the screen.
- Restart your computer.
Update Your Printer Driver
It’s essential to keep your Epson printer driver updated to prevent errors like these from occurring. Here’s how you can update your printer driver.
- Go to the support page on the official Epson printer site.
- Download the updater device of Epson.
- Choose your Epson printer model.
- Search for the current updates.
- After you find them, select them all.
- Tap the ‘Install‘ button.
- Give the needed permission to the application to make changes to your system.
- Choose ‘Agree‘ and tap ‘OK.’
Update Your Windows OS
How often have you ignored the recommendation for the latest Windows updates? The driver is unavailable error can be because you haven’t installed these updates.
- Hit the ‘Start‘ menu of your computer and enter ‘Check for Updates‘ in the bar.
- Press Enter.
- Windows OS will now look for pending updates. If you find any available updates, hit the ‘Install Update’
- Press ‘OK‘ twice to confirm the action.
Now you know what to do when you find that your Epson driver is unavailable. Reinstalling the software and getting the latest Windows updates are the two most effective resolutions. But if the error status does not go away, consult a certified printer technical support service.