It can be frustrating if you’ve seen this error notice. But it sent mean, that your printer is damaged. When anyone faces an HP Printer Offline issue, it will be unable to communicate with the source of the print job. Among the causes could be, Incompatible connections, outdated drivers, and a setting error. There are various ways to address each of these causes. Let’s examine the issue and how to resolve it so that you can print and go online once more.
Why my HP printer is Offline?
The majority of HP printer consumers frequently experienced “HP Printer Offline” issues. When this error message appears, it can be very unpleasant and the first thing that comes to mind is “Why is my HP printer offline?” You may find multiple causes for this printer offline issue. Among the primary causes are:
- The option to use the printer offline is not selected.
- A damaged or improperly attached USB cord
- The HP printer is off.
How to Switch the Printer’s State from Offline to Online?
These options will provide you a better solution to your query. Do not feel pressured to complete all the procedures if your issue has been handled. However, as the simplest fixes are listed first and demand the least work and technical expertise, it is better to complete them in this sequence.
Option 1: Start HP Print and Scan Doctor
Try this option if you’re in trouble with the HP printer offline issue as follows:
- To find and fix issues, use the HP Print and Scan Doctor program.
- Click the HPPSdr.exe program from the download location, let it start, and then launch it. To achieve this, you might need to be in administrator mode.
- If prompted, select Yes to accept the file’s source.
- Click “Start” and select “Printer”
- Restart your printer if it isn’t listed, then select Retry in the Print and Scan Doctor program.
- The program will point out any possible connectivity problems. If you are prompted to enable printer updates, follow the instructions and click Yes.
- Follow the instructions and select Yes when prompted to set this printer as the default printer.
Option 2: Set the default printer
You might need to manually specify your preferred default printer. To fix this issue with Windows 10, adhere to the following procedures. Ensure that you have downloaded and installed every update for the Windows 10 operating system before you start.
For users of Windows 10
- Enter “devices” into the search bar or ask Cortana to do so.
Choose printers and scanners.
- Verify that “Let Windows manage my default printer” is not ticked in the box next to it.
- Select your printer from the available list.
- Choose the version of your printer that displays an online or idle status if it appears more than once on the list.
- Select Manage.
- Select Set default.
For users of Windows 8
Choose your printer from the available options. Choose the version that is not grayed out if there are multiple versions available. When you right-click, you get to choose “Set as the default printer and then, retry printing now.
Option3: Try printing with a different device.
Additionally, you might want to try printing from a different gadget, like a laptop or smartphone. While you may guess that printer failure is to blame for offline problems, a bad connection can also be device-specific. Check to see if your problems disappear by connecting to a different computer. You may be sure that the printer is not the issue if you can print from another device.
Finally, you are now able to fix my HP printer is offline issues. But you don’t need to worry anymore. As there are possible solutions given above that will help you change your HP printer status from offline to online.