Users are using email apps like Thunderbird, Outlook, and many more. Millions are using Gmail as it provides amazing performance. When you’re using a Gmail account, you might be aware of the Gmail SMTP service as well. Wondering why Gmail SMTP not working, read the article to find and troubleshoot the issue with ease.
What is SMTP?
The Simple Mail Transfer Protocol is an electronic mail transfer communication protocol. It’s used to receive and send messages by message transfer agents and mail servers.
How to Fix Gmail SMTP Not Working Issue 2022?
The problem with Gmail SMTP not working is very often. It’s very easy to fix it if you follow the right steps. Explore quick and proven ways to know how to troubleshoot the Gmail SMTP server not working right here.
Enable Less Secure Apps
Ensure to enable less secure apps if you have access to Google apps by following below steps:
- Login to Gmail account ➜Select my account ➜ Security
- Scroll down and select less secure app access ➜Turn on access by switching the allow less secure apps
If you have a two-step authentication, ensure to generate a password to fix the Gmail SMTP server not working problem.
- Visit the Google My account ➜Security tab on the left corner
- Scroll and select login into Google ➜When you see the App Passwords and hit on it
- When you’re provided with the app list from which you can choose the one you want
- Select the device and hit on the device used ➜generate
- Enter the password of your choice and click on Done
Re-Enable Internet Message Access Protocol
Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) is used by email clients to access the message from the mail server. This protocol makes it easier for you to access email on different devices also without missing anything. You can even choose to change the IMAP status to help you fix the problem.
- Sign in to Gmail ➜select the Gear option
- Select Forward and POP/IMAP
- Scroll to check the IMAP access
- Change the status from disable to enable to refresh the setting
Google Mail (Gmail) is widely used by millions of people. The service provider makes it easier for users to send and receive messages with files, videos, images, and other attachments. But many times, users face problems with receiving or sending mail; this can be very frustrating, especially when they want to receive/ send important mail.
The SMTP improves performance, even though users face problems with it. Hence it becomes essential for you to have a look at the Gmail SMTP server not working tips that help you deal with the problem. The above listed are a few solutions that you can opt for to get the problem solved and make your Gmail work again.