QuickBooks is feature-rich and assists immensely in streamlining accounting operations. However, users also face different issues while working on it. QuickBooks payroll issues are fairly common. They chiefly occur due to network connectivity glitches.
You will find error messages such as ‘QuickBooks payroll not working’ or ‘QuickBooks payroll network problem.’ However, there’s no need to lose hope right away after witnessing the error. The resolutions in this post will help you overcome this network issue.
How to Fix an Emergency Issue with Your Payroll Service?
Sometimes, the payroll service goes on hold for an urgent issue. You will get the message of your account being on hold and contacting Intuit while running payroll. In this instance, an email with the subject line, ‘important: Urgent issue with the payroll account (business name),’ will also be there in your inbox.
Follow these steps immediately when you notice it.
- Locate the email with the subject mentioned above in your email account.
- The email will give you all the knowledge you need about the documents to send to Intuit.
- Snap photos of the paper copies of documents.
- Send them to After Intuit gets your documents, they will revert in two days.
- You will find out if your hold is removed.
Other Fixes for QuickBooks Payroll Issues
You can try several measures, from reinstalling QuickBooks to deleting the browsing history of Internet Explorer. Follow the stepwise instructions for these different fixes.
You can uninstall QuickBooks through the control panel and then reinstall it. Start by accessing the Windows’ Start‘ button and follow these points.
- Go to the ‘Control Panel.’
- Now, delete the following QB installation folders.
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Program Files\Intuit
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents (Shared Documents)\Intuit
QuickBooks payroll problems are also an outcome of issues with the software. Access the Windows’ Start‘ button and head to the control panel. Now repair QB through these points.
- In the control panel, double-tap ‘Add or remove‘ programs.
- Now, pick the QuickBooks program.
- Tap to remove the program.
- Tap ‘Next‘ in the QB installation window.
- Now, opt for the ‘Repair‘ option in the QuickBooks maintenance window.
- Tap’ Next‘ followed by ‘Repair.’
- Complete the process by tapping ‘Finish‘ in the maintenance complete window.
Get the latest payroll tax table.
You must see that you have the latest payroll tax table. It’s because payroll updates have the most accurate rates and calculations for different tax tables and payroll tax forms. Use these points to download the recent QB payroll updates.
- From the ‘Help‘ section in QuickBooks, pick ‘Update QuickBooks.’
- Visit the ‘Update Now‘ tab.
- Choose ‘Get Updates.’
- Pick ‘File.’
- Then select ‘Exit.’
- Now, restart Quickbooks.
Rename the CPS folder
Renaming the CPS folder is also a good way to overcome QuickBooks Online payroll problems. Before renaming the folder, check if you have updated the QuickBooks payroll tax table.
- Open your system.
- Navigate to the local drive, and from there, head to CPS.
- Here, modify the CPS folder name to CPS SOLD.
- Now, check if payroll issues are still there.
Delete the Internet Explorer history
Accumulation of browsing history, such as temporary internet files, can also lead to QuickBooks Online payroll issues.
To clear the history, head to the ‘General’ tab of Internet Explorer and tap the ‘Browsing history‘ option. Check the options ‘Internet files‘ and ‘Temporary internet files.’ Tap ‘Delete‘ followed by ‘OK.’ Now, try sending payroll.
Tackle Payroll Issues Effortlessly
Use these measures to fix quickbooks online payroll issues, and don’t worry about not paying your employees timely. You won’t need to lose your time in figuring out a solution. If you need further assistance with any QuickBooks issues, contact expert QuickBooks technical support services.